THE PAVILION PROJECT
In 2015 an excellent floodlit MUGA was provided on the site, it is well used particularly by the Keinton Netball Club both for weekly coaching sessions for
children and youth players as well as for league matches. Unfortunately the adjacent village hall has no changing facilities and is so well used that it is frequently
not available for use by MUGA users.
The Pavilion Project will not only provide facilities needed today by users of the MUGA, but also for the users of future sports activities on the 4
Our Progress so far
- Firstly the Trustees met with the main user of the MUGA, the Keinton Netball Club, to determine the best location and the facilities
and their sizes. The Netball Club came along with a comprehensive list of their requirements which even included plumbing for a washing machine.
- The excellent Sport England "Clubhouse" documents were then consulted by the Trustees.
- Plans were then drawn and discussed with a potential supplier Passmores. View the plan
- An informal meeting was held with South Somerset Building Control, to ensure that our plans were in line with the applicable
- Our planning application was submitted and approved - ref 18/01612/FUL
- Our site is on quarried land, meaning that the foundations would require special attention. A local civil engineer with JCB dug a 2m test hole in the centre
of the pavilion location and we engaged a structural engineer to provide the detailed engineering plans.
- The trustees have written Statements of Work and obtained estimates for the following items from the Work Breakdown Structure:
- To undertake the groundwork, lay the 'concrete slab' foundations, trenching for drains (surface and foul), water, electricity and data
- To Supply and erection on site a modular pavilion
- To tile the roof
- To lay the internal insulated floor, fit internal insulated plasterboard walls, partitions and ceilings, and 'coffee bar'
- To provide all plumbing including disabled WC, 2 WCs with cubicles, 2 showers with cubicles, 2 wash hand basins and a sink with provision for a washing machine
- To provide a three phase electricity supply from the local transformer
- To provide all wiring for lights, sockets and heaters
- The Trustees have been approaching local 'benefactors' for their support and this has already yielded significant donations.
- The Trustees will fund-raising on 30th June by providing refreshments at a local motor club event.
- The Trustees are currently making plans for the "Keinton Festiville", a major fund-raising event, to be held on 14th September.